Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
ILJA SHEBALIN wrote:

It seems screenshots get removed automatically. You're correct but
that means that in both cases my chosen font shows up as PT Sans, yet
I see the default. In the drop down menu window in undisclosed mode
it alternates between serif PT Sans and PT Sans as I type with the
former eventually overriding the latter but visually none of these is
PT Sans. It's rather perplexing. I have firefox reader extension
installed (Safari 5-like Reader) but despite Trebuchet MS set as the
font for text to be displayed I see the default (Courier?) font. All
settings - both UI and geeky - have Trebuchet MS of which neither is
effective when activating the extension. I safe-relaunched SM to no
avail. Now in Apple Mail I type in PT Sans font and there's no issues
as to how do I change fonts. It seems fonts are broken in Seamonkey
since in every shape of settings values are set correctly but they
don't take effect.

I understand what you're saying, and I sympathize, but that hasn't been my experience. What I say is what I get. I'm on 2.46 for Windows; that may make a difference.

It may also make a difference if you use HTML for composition rather than plain text. I use plain text.