I am using SeaMonkey version 2.46.

I haven't been able to delete any email messages for a few weeks now.

I have usually had no problem deleting old messages from trash and
compacting the folder.  But I'm not able to compact the folders.  That ends
up freezing my Windows 7 desktop.

The first message I get is: "The folder Trash is full, and can't hold any
more messages.  To make room for more messages, delete any old or unwanted
mail and compact the folder."

For years that has worked without problem.  Now, I've been getting an error
message saying something can't write and I don't have privileges.  (Sorry, I
can't recreate the message at the moment.)

Any solutions?

Thanks,

Roy