Daniel wrote:
On 5/07/2017 9:45 AM, EE wrote:
EE wrote:
Jonathan N. Little wrote:
EE wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
EE wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

In the Server Settings, does your ISP require your full email
address (nu...@bees.wax) or only the prefix (nunya) as your
username? Getting that wrong could cause authentication to fail.
Compare what you did in TB.

I actually compared the two setups in about:config, and made sure
that they were alike. It did not help. Since Thunderbird works, I
can just use that, and also webmail (to get rid of the trash).

OK, next question: In the Server Settings, does it say "Server Type:
POP
Mail Server"? Or did you choose IMAP during the setup process?

I chose IMAP.  Maybe the next version of SeaMonkey will work better.

It's not SeaMonkey. IMAP works with SeaMonkey. I may float an idea that
maybe the server requires some kind of "register device" as Google does?
Have noticed that when folks bungle the setup at the start that
sometimes you have to clear the account before it will successfully
work. Try a temporary new profile.

What is a "register device"?  Why did the setup work with Thunderbird
and not with SeaMonkey if such a thing is needed?  I am not too
concerned about its security since I read everything as plain text.

I just tried a newer version of SeaMonkey with a fresh profile.  I could
still not add a new IMAP account to it.  I give up.  I shall just use
Thunderbird or webmail.

EE, was it that you were not able to add any sort of new e-mail account or that
you couldn't add an IMAP account??

Daniel

imap is working fine for me, configure it: see attachedd

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

I never met a man I didn't want to fight.
                -- Lyle Alzado, professional football lineman