Hello,

SeaMonkey Mail has a flag to turn MIME Quoted-Printable on
(mail.strictly_mime=true), or use the 8-bit MIME for non-ASCII
characters instead (mail.strictly_mime=false, the default).

8-bit MIME support works fine as long as I use plain-text messages:

or plain-text messages with attachments:

> --------------35CC02DE2AE5C262E603123C

If, however, I want to send an S/MIME:

> micalg=sha-256; boundary="------------ms090906030006040802020901"

or a PGP/MIME signed message:

my message body gets always encoded as quoted-printable:

What is the reason for this behaviour, and how can change it (i. e.
force SeaMonkey to use 8 bit MIME)?

Regards,
Andrey.