Daniel wrote:
On 19/09/2017 7:17 AM, sean wrote:
Daniel wrote:
On 17/09/2017 7:10 AM, sean wrote:
I have multiple yahoo e'mail accounts which I am hoping to retrieve via
the Seamonkey e'mail client... I have set up multiple smtp settings to
deal with the multiple passwords...

but for some reason, Seamonkey is only able to download one of them,
the
others return a

Sending of password for user WhatSisName did not succeed. Mail server
pop.mail.yahoo.com responded: Server error - Please try again later.

I just deleted the cache and all passwords to attempt a reset,
currently
utilizing:

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/51.0 SeaMonkey/2.48
Build identifier: 20170706221156

sean

Sean, are all your Yahoo accounts of the kind that will allow you to
download the messages to your HD??

I have one Yahoo account, of the cheap kind, which I, apparently, am
unable to download onto my HD.

Yahoo used to prevent folks in USA from downloading via pop in USA... I
always skirted that by registering my location as some other country.
Now Yahoo seems to allow downloading via pop across the board. my
phone's email client can access all of my accounts...  So trying to
decipher why Seamonkey objects?

Well, I'm definitely not in the U.S. of A. and have not been able to D/L
messages from my Yahoo POP account. Admittedly, I haven't tried in quite
a while .... maybe things have changed at Yahoo.

Yahoo sold all their properties to Verizon... so I'm anticipating some changes...

sean