Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
I just wrote:

I got the same message as the OP, and it doesn't say you can't use your
current settings, it says you have until Nov. 7 to fix whatever it is
that's bothering them. I've been using my current settings without
trouble since the takeover, and I'm damned if I can see how they don't
comply with AOHell's requirements. Here's my response to them:

From what I can tell, my settings do conform to your requirements.
What is it that you want me to change?

Current settings:

POP3: pop.verizon.net, port 995, SSL/TLS, normal password
SMTP: smtp.verizon.net, port 465, SSL/TLS, normal password

Do you want encrypted passwords?

Or do you have a faulty routine that generates false error messages?

FWIW, I just tried setting the authentication method to "Encrypted
password," and SM reported that the server doesn't seem to support that.
So that's not the answer.

The AOHell requirements for POP3 mail are:

Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.verizon.net, port 995, SSL

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net, port 465, SSL

Make sure SSL encryption is enabled for the incoming and outgoing
mail server.

I don't see how to select "SSL encryption" distinctly from "SSL/TLS,"
and I'm not sure they are even different.

Quoting WIKIPEDIA: "Transport Layer Security (TLS) and its predecessor, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), both frequently referred to as "SSL", are cryptographic protocols that provide communications security over a computer network.[1] Several versions of the protocols find widespread use in applications such as web browsing, email, Internet faxing, instant messaging, and voice-over-IP (VoIP). Websites are able to use TLS to secure all communications between their servers and web browsers."

It seems that SSL is the name used for both SSL and TLS. TLS has superseded SSL. If there are separate settings in SeaMonkey for SSL and TSL, you might try using TLS.

(I thought AOL internet was so last century, ;) .)