On 18/10/2017 21:26, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I have two email accounts with my ISP.
> I can receive mail on both accounts.
> My profile folder had been deleted and I am working from an old backup.
>
> The error message is:
> "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  From
> address must match authenticated address.  Please verify that your email
> address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again."
>
> Is there some way to locally capture outgoing messages from both
> accounts for comparison purposes?
>
> Is there a way to print out all the settings for each account?

Your two accounts are probably using the same SMTP settings.

Edit > Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings...
Bottom option = Outgoing Server (SMTP)
Create the other setting, then make the account point to the
new setting.

Might be uselful:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/MailNews:Logging
https://www.lifewire.com/pop-imap-smtp-traffic-thunderbird-1173156