https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ says:

"November 6, 2017

SeaMonkey 2.49.1 download problem solved

We fixed the earlier problem with downloads from the offical server not working. Unfortunately we are still unable to enable updates for most configurations. If you are not prompted for an update please download the full installer from here."

I never got its internal updater on Saturday morning PDT, so I gave up and got its full installer. :(