On 11/15/2017 10:37 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 11/15/2017 9:41 AM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
>> On 11/14/2017 12:55 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
>>> On 11/13/2017 4:32 PM, Hawker wrote:
>>>
>>> I have not seen this problem with saved logins.  There are some sites,
>>> however, that construct their login forms in a manner that defeats the
>>> saving of passwords and even defeats the use of existing saved
>>> passwords.  That is a problem with the site and not with SeaMonkey.
>>>

>> For months now, after Capital One revamped their website, neither
>> Seamonkey nor Firefox has been able to autofill the userid or password
>> fields.  When I click on the ID field, nothing happens.  When I click on
>> the password field, it wants to fill it with the ID.
>>
>> However, through this entire time, Chrome has had no issues whatsoever
>> in filling in both the ID and the password.
>>

> When I see this (which is rarely), I use SeaMonkey's Password Manager to
> delete the user ID and password for the particular login.  I then
> terminate and relaunch SeaMonkey.  Having a complete list (encrypted via
> PGP) of IDs and passwords, I am then able to login to the site, entering
> and saving the ID and password anew.

My procedure (quoted above) is very effective when a Web site changes
its login Web page in a way that prevents the use of saved passwords.
Too often, such a change involves a change in the domain name for the
login page.  Password Manager keys off the domain, which is why a saved
password might no longer work.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Am I the only one who noticed the following?
*  President Trump issued executive orders
   that increase health-care costs.
*  The Republicans in Congress propose to
   eliminate itemized deductions for
   health-care costs.