TCW wrote:
On 11/14/2017 10:08 PM, Ant wrote:
On 11/14/2017 5:00 PM, TCW wrote:
On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:09:11 -0800, Ant <ant...@zimage.com> wrote:

I just tried Firefox v57 on a very old 2008 MacBook Pro with its
original HDD, 2 GB of RAM, etc. It runs very slowly softwares with Mac
OS X El Capitan v10.11.6. However, I was surprised how much faster
Firefox v57 was over the previous versions!

When will SeaMonkey get its Gecko improvements? Thank you in
advance. :)

Probably not for a long time.

Boo. :(

Yes, it's just the massive amount of catching up SM has to do with even
pre-57 changes. There are so many under-the-hood changes in 57 and
essentially not many people able to work on SM that is the main issue.
So much code has to be ported, re-jiggered and converted that it's just
not like the old day where one could, for the most part, import the code
and it would essentially just work. I'm thankful that anyone is even
working on SM anymore to try and keep it updated against the current FF
changes. Just have to wait patiently. =\

It will also mean saying "Good bye" to all of the extensions and add-ons you've been counting on for years, as the new Quantum engine is a total re-write of Gecko. Until ADP changes their time sheet application, I can't afford to switch to anything past the current state of Seamonkey, or the Firefox ESR version of their browser. I like getting paid... it helps me maintain my addiction of having food on the table and a warm dry place to sleep at night.

--
Jaime A. Cruz
President

AMA District 34