Thanks to all for your help.

Mort

Chris Ilias wrote:
On 2017-11-27 9:15 PM, Mort Linder wrote:
Chris Ilias wrote:
On 2017-11-25 5:42 PM, Mort Linder wrote:
Something new and annoying has occurred in one of my 3 Windows
laptops. Win 7 and 10) The "mail start page" was always SeaMonkey.
Now, it is Chrome Messenger. When I try to delete the Chrome and
replace it with SeaMonkey, the Chrome remains despite supposedly being
deleted.
How do I fix this?

I think in a case like this, it would be very useful to actually see
what you're talking about. If you can create a screenshot (see
<http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-create-screenshot-my-problem>)

and upload it to an image hosting site like Flickr or Google Photos,
that would help everyone know what you're referring to.

"When mail launches, show the start page in the message area"
Location: chrome://messenger/content/start.xhtml"

That's the correct URL. It has nothing to do with Google Chrome. The use
of the term "Chrome" in Mozilla predates the existence of the Chrome
browser (and SeaMonkey as well).

Chrome = That part of the application window that lies outside of a
window's content area. Toolbars, menu bars, progress bars, and window
title bars are all examples of elements that are typically part of the
chrome.
For more info, see
<https://www-archive.mozilla.org/xpfe/ConfigChromeSpec.html>

When I delete the Chrome etc, and type in the proper SeaMonkey words,
it becomes a hybrid,seamonkey plus the (deleted) chrome, and is
rejected by the computer.

I need to see a screenshot to know what you're referring to.

---