David H. Durgee composed on 2017-12-06 10:54 (UTC-0500):

> David H. Durgee wrote:

>> David H. Durgee wrote:

>>> Interesting. That would appear to point to either a theme problem or
>>> a profile problem. I am using the little monkey 2.0.27 theme here. I
>>> will try the page with the default themes and see if the problem is
>>> there or not.

>> Curiouser and curiouser, I tried this test URL on SM 2.49.1 on another
>> system with the little monkey theme and THERE I see the boxes and radio
>> buttons. So it appears specific to this instance of the browser. I am
>> going to try a browser restart and see if that changes anything.

> Restart made no difference. I am assuming at this point it is a profile
> setting that is causing it.

As Frank alluded, this is GTK3-related. 2.48 was built with GTK2. 2.49.1 is
built
with GTK3. Mint/Cinnamon (David) users seem to have insufficient GTK3 support,
while
Mate (Richard), whatever DE Ubuntu users are using now (Jaime), and Gnome (home
of GTK,
obviously) users have the needed GTK3 support. I don't have the invisible
checkbox/radio
button problem here in KDE3, but I do have some GTK3 customizations
(~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
due to otherwise too narrow scrollbars and absent scroll buttons), and the
following GTK3
packages in openSUSE:

PackageKit-gtk3-module-1.1.3-4.4.x86_64
gtk3-branding-openSUSE-42.1-6.1.noarch
gtk3-data-3.20.10-9.2.noarch
gtk3-metatheme-adwaita-3.20.2-3.3.noarch
gtk3-tools-3.20.10-9.2.x86_64
libcanberra-gtk3-0-0.30-14.3.x86_64
libcanberra-gtk3-module-0.30-14.3.x86_64
libgtk-3-0-3.20.10-9.2.x86_64
libgtkmm-3_0-1-3.20.1-3.3.x86_64
libjavascriptcoregtk-3_0-0-2.4.11-4.26.x86_64
libwebkitgtk-3_0-0-2.4.11-4.26.x86_64
metatheme-adwaita-common-3.20.2-3.3.noarch

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/