WaltS48 wrote:

Okay. A test message from the new Gmail IMAP account was successfully received at my Comcast POP3 account. I used the default Comcast SMTP server to send the email.

SeaMonkey is still trying to copy the message to the Sent folder. Probably Gmail's Sent folder. Cancelled that operation.

Now I'll add the Gmail SMTP server and try another test.

It won't let me send using the Gmail SMTP server.

Entering all that info into SeaMonkey by hand is a real PITA, when it is just done for you in Thunderbird.

On gmail.com set for "Let less secure apps use your account"
<https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en>

--
Take care,

Jonathan