David E. Ross wrote:

I went to [Edit > Preferences] on the SeaMonkey menu bar and
selected [Privacy & Security > Certificates] on the left side of the
Prefeences window (under Category).  If I clear both checkboxes under
OCSP, I have no problem reaching google.com; but I refuse to surf the
Web in such an insecure manner.  If I check only the first checkbox,
I again have no problem; but that is still surfing in an insecure
manner.  If I check both checkboxes, the problem still exists.

Fair points.

So why should we care if our connection to Google is secure? It's just a search engine.

Paul B. Gallagher