Mr. Grahl and Mr. Ross: Thanks so much for your comments. Subsequent to sending the note you both referenced, I read somewhere that someone at Microsoft had incorrectly changed the date on something to do with Windows Update on Win 7 and a solution was to change the date on my PC to something prior to December 3, 2017. I did that and Windows Update listed all of the updates that I hadn't received. I haven't installed the December 2017 and January 2018 Win 7 updates as yet because of comments made by Leonhard on his blog and as Dell seems to be advising to not install and Spectre/Meltdown on Win 7 machines (mine is a Dell Optiplex 780) as yet.

Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Same for SeaMonkey:

https://support.kaspersky.com/general/error/13529

FRG