On 3/7/2018 11:27 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
TCW wrote:
On 3/7/2018 10:59 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
TCW wrote:
On 3/7/2018 10:07 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
I look to FoxNews often.
Of late, SM becomes simply unresponsive - especially to the Login.

If left alone, a message comes up about a script running, etc.

How do I stop any web site from running scripts ?
If I can't, what can I do to prevent these lock ups (a script running) ?

DoctorBill

Could be Fake News (sorry, couldn't help it) but also try updating to 2.49.2: https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.49.2

Downloading now......Thanks.
Fake News - what's that ?   I believe EVERYTHING that CNN says !

BTW - IS SeaMonkey essentially dead ?   Not being supported of improved anymore ?
Saw a post here about that !

Not quite dead. I'm using a 2.53 x64 made by Frank-Rainer that's been stable but not all the bells and whistles are working.

A 2.49.3 is coming in the not too distant future which should be based off 52.7ESR once it gets finalized. There's not that many people working on it (3? 4? 10?) so updates come slower than before. It also didn't help when all the GUI and Quantum changes happened. Seamonkey is just so far behind that it's hard to catch up to those changes.

I do not follow that jargon !  "52.7ESR.....the GUI and Quantum changes" ........No matter.

I saw something either here or on the Internet that SeaMonkey was essentially DEAD in that it was not being revised (updated) -don't know the term used ?- anymore. That it had been abandoned .... everybody leaving the "program" because of no support....

Didn't someone Post something HERE like that a couple of months ago ?

I guess that THAT is akin to hearing that some actor died and it turns out to be a lie.
"Fake News" huh ?

In any case - so glad to hear that SM is alive and well - been using it since the Jurassic
Period..... I am 75.

DoctorBill

Yes alive, but only being updated infrequently.