The Download YouTube Videos extension no longer seems to work.  I think
this is a result of a change done at YouTube and not something in either
SeaMonkey or the extension.  The Web page in addons.mozilla.org
indicates the developer has removed the extension.

There is a work-around using Video LAN (VLC) from
<http://www.videolan.org/>.

1.  I start a YouTube video in SeaMonkey, copy the URI, and stop the
YouTube stream.

2.  After launching VLC, I select [Media > Open Network Stream] on its
menu bar.

3.  I select the Play button on the Open Media window and VERY QUICKLY
select the red Record button on the main VLC window.

4.  [The following applies to Windows' [Libraries > Videos], where VLC
writes the recorded file.  Similar methods should exist in other systems.]
a.  On the VLC menu bar, I select [Media > Convert/Save], the resulting
File tab, and the +Add button.
b.  Navigating to [Libraries > Videos] in the file-selection window, I
select the recorded file and select Convert from the pull-down menu from
the Convert/Save button using the down-pointing triangle.
c.  On the Convert window, I select the "Video - H.264 + MP3 (MP4)"
profile, navigate to where I really want to save the converted stream
file, enter my preferred file-name, and select the Start button.

5.  After checking that VLC can indeed play the converted file, I delete
the original recorded file.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump:  Please stop using Twitter.  We need
to hear your voice and see you talking.  We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.