Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 26/03/18 01:21:
Chris Ilias wrote:
On 2018-03-24 3:38 PM, Tom Pamin wrote:
I grew tired of so many web pages asking me to turn off Adblock Plus, so I disabled the SM extension on my Win 10 desktop and Win 7 laptops. The laptops seem OK, as the Adblock Plus title has disappeared from the SM Tools dropdown list. But it did not disappear on my desktop, so I don't know if it's still active or not. Anyone know why the desktop still shows Adblock Plus under Tools?

I think in a case like this, it would be very useful to actually see what you're referring to by "it did not disappear on my desktop". If you can create a screenshot (see <http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-create-screenshot-my-problem>) and upload it to an image hosting site such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, Microsoft OneDrive, etc, that would help everyone know what you're referring to.

It seems pretty clear to me since he said, "The laptops seem OK, as the Adblock Plus title has disappeared from the SM Tools dropdown list. But it did not disappear on my desktop [computer]" and "Anyone know why the desktop [computer] still shows Adblock Plus under Tools?" Do you really need a screenshot of his desktop computer's SM Tools menu?

Reading the OP's post, I'm wondering if Tom hasn't got an icon on his computers desktop (not just with-in his SM) and is wondering why this desktop icon hasn't disappeared when the add-on has been deleted from the SM Add-on's list.

May not be what Tom means, so a picture might help!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623