cmcadams schreef:
dirk wrote:
I intend to install an SSD and keep my current HDD for storage and possibly (most likely) program/app launch location.

So, what I want to do is install a new SSD, install W10 on that drive, and keep my current HDD untouched. Well I will remove Windows 8.1 files of course. I'm not sure if drive letters will be changed when I do that.

I guess booting needs to be done from drive C:\ ?

In the case the drive letter for my current HDD would change, The question here is if I need to do something to Seamonkey to keep it running reliably, and finding the message base. The drive letter will be changed I guess, unless we can boot standard from ANY drive specified?

You'll need to reinstall Seamonkey under the new OS. If you want to keep your configuration as is:

* First, make a copy of the new installation's [whatever_name_it_is].default profile directory. You'll end up with a "[whatever_name_it_is].default - Copy" directory. This is insurance.

* Delete the entire contents of the new installation's profile directory.

* Go to the profile directory of the earlier, other-OS Seamonkey and copy the entire contents of that directory.

* Paste those contents into the new installation's now-empty profile directory.

You should now be back in business.

I am! Thanks guys!