On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 5:50:49 PM UTC-5, Andy K wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 10:22:51 AM UTC-5, TCW wrote:

> > > Maybe make a paper backup is one reason that comes to mind.
> > >

> > As an IT person, questions like this send up red flags. After all, if
> > you don't already know the password to sites you regularly use....
>
> No red flag. I just want a text file of them so I can encrypt it.
>
> Nothing nefarious. :-)
>
> Andy

Type in the address bar:
chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul

Found out I can not just copy both username and password to a text file?

Saving/editing the file does not work either. That may be by design. :-)

The reason I want to do so is to encrypt the file.

That way I can transport it anywhere safely.

There has to be some way.

I think there are some sharp cookies here.

Andy