Daniel wrote:
Bob Fleischer wrote on 7/08/2018 3:34 AM:
Using SM 2.49.4 on Windows 10:

My Inbox folder sort reverts to sort by Subject every time I open display of the folder, even if I had chosen previously a sort by date or sort by order received.

This does not happen with other folders.  If I change their sort-by column, go away and come back, the chosen sort remains.

Bob, how have you actually got things set up?? (View->Sort by) It sounds to me like you have it set to View->Sort by->Subject when you actually want it set to View->Sort by->Date.

Selecting a particular column to sort by only applies for the current instance, as far as I know, because you have told it, in Preferences or wherever, to start up another way.

If you experiment with this, you'll find that clicking a column heading correspondingly changes the View | Sort by... setting.

In my experience with SM, setting a sort order for any one mail/news folder imposes the same sort order on all mail/news folders, and the setting sticks until I change it. If SM 2.49.4 has changed that, I'd like to know.

Paul B. Gallagher