David wrote on 20/08/2018 4:03 AM:
Mason83 wrote:
On 19/08/2018 19:18, David wrote:

While I realize that Seamonkey may view itself as a one-in-all package,
I personally would only like to use the e-mail client, since I prefer
current Firefox for browsing.
But of course copying/pasting links is kind of annoying.
Is it possible to change how links are opened somewhere? Didn't find
anything in the options myself...

I'm curious why you don't use Thunderbird?

Regards.

Bad past experiences (corrupted e-mail db) but that was many years ago and I was under the wrong impression that when I installed both yesterday, Thunderbird downloaded all of my emails while Seamonkey didn't. But looking at the size of INBOX on my hard drive right now, I guess Seamonkey merely hides the progress bar... ;)

So yeah, maybe I should give Thunderbird another shot, especially since I leave all mails on the server these days anyway.

David, re: the size of your inbox, when you move/delete an e-mail from your inbox, it is not really moved/deleted, it is simply marked as moved/deleted. The inbox can be cleaned up by File->Empty Trash then File->Compact File.

As for using another Browser while using SeaMonkey for your e-mail, this was certainly possible (in SeaMonkey or was it Mozilla Suite??) by changing one of the preferences of SeaMonkey, but I'm unable to recall which pref.
--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623