Andy K wrote:
> On Monday, September 3, 2018 at 9:40:06 PM UTC-5, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>> Andy K wrote:

>>> Interesting. I can play netflix movies on Firefox.
>>>
>>> Strange since Seamonkey is built on the same platform as Firefox.
>>
>> It won't play if Seamonkey is in the useragent string.
>>

>> --
>> Take care,
>>
>> Jonathan
>> -------------------
>> LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
>> http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
>
> Seamonkey is not in string
>
> My general.user.agent.override is
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0

First of all the latest SeaMonkey UA string is:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0

I have the 32-bit version but the important thing here is the latest
SeaMonkey is based on the ESR version of Firefox not the Quantum version
so your modified UA should have been:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0

That said, although SeaMonkey supports HTML5 I think the issue is
Silverlight. In Windows it works if you have Silverlight installed. I
confirmed this; if I disable Silverlight plugin Netflix no longer works
in Windows with SeaMonkey using the modified UA. Only works when
Silverlight is enabled AND I remove the "SeaMonkey" part of the UA.

Netflix will not work on my Ubuntu laptop with SeaMonkey. Now in the
past I had installed Silverlight back with the Pipelight hack that uses
Wine to load the Silverlight plugin. It worked but was a bit of a kludge.

Now Netflix works no problem on Linux with Firefox. So to be honest I
would just use Firefox when using Netflix.

Just tested and Chrome also works. That's Chrome, not Chromium. I don't
know if Chromium works. I have Chrome because Chromium did not work to
cast to my Chromecast whereas the Google Chrome version did on Linux.

HTH

--
Take care,

Jonathan