wwel...@gmail.com wrote on 6/10/2018 2:21 AM:
On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 11:10:47 AM UTC-4, WaltS48 wrote:
On 10/4/18 9:13 PM, wwel...@gmail.com wrote:
On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 7:27:44 PM UTC-4, WaltS48 wrote:
wwel...@gmail.com wrote:
On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 12:29:30 PM UTC-4,
wwe...@gmail.com wrote:
I use SEAMONKEY (mozilla) as a browser. In the last few
days when I click on a link in GOOGLE it goes nowhere. But
if I right click and open in NEW WINDOW I can open it. How
can I fix this? It works perfect when I use GOOGLE in
SAFARI!

Thanks.  I just downloaded 2.49.4 and no luck.  IT still does
the same thing. And I have been to those other links also
earlier today!!  It just does it when I'm on GOOGLE!

Did any of them suggest trying a new profile?

I just downloaded, installed and started SM 2.49.4 on my Linux
computer. Typed google.com into the address bar, clicked Enter
and went to the site. Typed nas into the search bar in the
middle of the page and saw many suggestions. Clicked the nasdaq
suggestion and a page of search results opened. Clicked the
blue Nasdaq: Daily Stock Market Overview, Data Updates, Reports
& News link and the page open in the current tab. Tested all
the other blue links on the results page and had no problem.

Hi Walt.  First of all many thanks for being so quick to get back
to me. I appreciate it.  I just did what you said and still
nothing. By the way I have a Mac Mojave 10.1.

Yes one of the guys on the SM SUPPORT FORUM suggested a  new
profile. I think I tried that but if you could could you walk me
through how to do this to be sure I did it right!  Again,thanks a
lot.  Paul

"SeaMonkey (or Mozilla Suite) users can access the Profile Manager from an open program window by selecting "Tools -> Switch
Profile..." from the menu."

So select "Tools > Switch Profile..." Click the "Manage
Profiles..." button. Click the "Create Profile" button. Click the
"Next" button. Enter a name of you choice into the "Enter new
profile name" field. Click "Finish". Click "Use Profile".

Walt.  Actually yes that did work but how I guess I have to set up my
e mail and bookmarks again right?

Before you go any further, it might be worthwhile testing to see if this new Profile suffers from the same problem, i.e. go to Google and see if clicking on a link does anything!

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623