me wrote:

Can I work with more than one email account with Seamonkey?  My ISP has created an additional Pop3 email account for another family member (Wife).  For emample (not real account names, of course) me <x...@yyy.com and her <xx>@yyy.com .  Both accounts use the same SMTP server for outbound.  When I try to create another account, it tries to set up a news account instead of an email account.

You can, I do.

This is a known bug. The easiest workaround, once the new news account has been created, is to delete it. You should then be able to create new mail and news accounts as desired. If not, post back.

<https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.49.4/>

After creating a news account through clicking a news URL, the MailNews account wizard may be broken (the account type will always be News). To work around the problem, set the mail.server.serverX.valid pref (where X is the internal number of the corresponding news account) to true in about:config, or delete the invalid news account (bug 521861).

Paul B. Gallagher