David H. Durgee wrote:
> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> David H. Durgee wrote:
>>
>>> I am encountering a problem where my power company has made changes to
>>> their website and my remembered password is no longer used and I cannot
>>> find a way to get SM 2.49.5 to remember it on the new page.
>>>
>>> Given this is it possible for me to manually add or correct the signon
>>> with sqlite tools?  I opened the db with SQLite manager in SM and can
>>> see the entry.  I did NOT attempt to make changes there as I suspect
>>> that would cause problems with SM open.  I assume other SQLite tools
>>> would offer similar capabilities and could be used with SM closed.
>>
>> In previous versions, if you entered new data for a site where the
>> Password Manager had remembered your login/password, the PM would prompt
>> you to update or not. Doesn't it do that anymore?
>>
>> Failing that, my next fallback would be to go into the PM and delete the
>> site. Then login and the PM will ask whether to save the data, you
>> should approve.
>>
>> I like the old interface:
>> <chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul>
>> Enter the site name in the search window to see a short list with only
>> that word.
>>

> I also use the old interface, but the problem is the power company
> changed the URL where the username/password are requested and for
> whatever reason I cannot get SM to remember this login.  My hope is that
> I can copy the existing entry and edit the URL to the new one and have
> it used.
>
> Dave

Well, I just found out that as best I can tell signons.sqlite is no
longer being used by SM 2.49.5 for password management.  Looking a bit
more it seems that logins.json is where this is now being maintained.

Guess I will have to see if I can edit that file instead to update the
login for this website.

Dave