Nuno Silva wrote:
On 2019-01-27, WaltS48 wrote:

On 1/26/19 7:34 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
Ray_Net wrote on 27-01-19 01:30:
r wrote on 26-01-19 23:48:
Bill Spikowski wrote:
r wrote:
Bill Spikowski wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
On 01/22/2019 08:01 AM, Bill Spikowski wrote:
Anyone have an idea where to download a version of LastPass
that works with Seamonkey?

I seem not to have saved a copy of v 3.3.4, which still works
reasonably well; but I'm setting up a new computer and need
the *.xpi file.

There are lots of references to these older versions in
newsgroups and forums, but the links I've found are all dead.

For the dead links you might try
Internet Archive: Wayback Machine
http://archive.org/web/web.php

(None of the 4.n.n versions work with Seamonkey, even with
the extension converter.)

Thanks - I should have thought of that!

But in this case it didn't work; all the earlier versions have
been scrubbed from the Lastpass website, and for some reason I
can't find them on Wayback either.
If you have on your other computer, go to where your profile is
stored.
Expand folder, click on extensions, find the extension that you want.
Copy it to your desktop. Then drag into SeaMonkey. (while
SeaMonkey  is running on your new computer.

Drag it into Seamonkey how?

It won't import using the add-on manager.

I copied into the profile folder "Extensions"; no luck.

I literally dragged into a SM browser window, and it opened the
folder to show its subfolders, but nothing more

Have the .xpi file on your desktop.
Minimize the SeaMonkey window to about 1/2 of your screen size
You may have to drag the lower right corner to do this.
It's 6 small dots in the shape of a triangle.
Then with SeaMonkey opened in the smaller window drag the .xpi
file into   SeaMonkey.
Drag is to hold down the right mouse button and move the file to
where you want it.
Rodney
I think that the last sentence must be:
Drag is to hold down the LEFT mouse button and move the file to
where you want it.
Another method could work also:
In SM Browser part go to "File" - "Open File.." Browse ...and select
the .xpi file then click on "OPEN"

Whatever happened to:

Save the file to your Downloads folder
Open SeaMonkey
Click Tools > Add-ons Manager
Select Extensions
Click the gear wheel next to the "Search all add-ons" search bar
Click "Install Add-on From File"
When the file manager window opens select the Downloads folder
Select the extension and install it.

????

All these instructions are for XPI files. What Bill has is a *folder*.

After confirming that the contents of the folder do look like an
extension, there are two ideas:

- Zip the contents of that LastPass folder, rename the ZIP archive .XPI,
   and use that file to install

- Copy that LastPass extension folder to the extensions/ folder of the
   new profile

But, from what I read, Bill has already tried the second one. Does it
show up in about:addons? Did Seamonkey print any error message the first
time it started with the LastPass directory under extensions/ ?

I think Seamonkey should have asked you about installing LastPass if it
did recognize the extension.

It's working now -- using this method:
Zip the contents of that LastPass folder, rename the ZIP archive .XPI,
and use that file to install

Thank you so much!