JAS wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Why don't you just use "Let SeaMonkey manage the size of my cache" in
Advanced->Cache?

FRG

I am using Seamonkey 2.48 on Windows 7 wit 8gb memory and my browser freezes all the time, I have
disk-cache set to "let Seamonkey set"
and in about:config I have the following:

browser.cache.memory.max_entry_size;5120

browser.cache.memory.enable;true
What should the settings be?

Thanks,
JAS

Frank-Rainer wrote the default setting is 200000, so about 200MB. You are running with 5MB, no wonder it's freezing. I was running with 500MB, and that didn't work for me. I had big problems, not just freezing. So now I'm running with 4GB (and lots of open Tabs!!).