EE wrote:
> David H. Durgee wrote:
>> I noticed recently I am missing a widget, the one at the left edge of a
>> bar that allows you to hide or reveal that bar.  I can still use
>> View-Show/Hide to accomplish the same thing, but it is less convenient.
>>
>> Is there a possible preference setting that might be the cause of this?
>> Did I accidentally toggle something?  Is there a short-cut key to turn
>> this back on?
>>
>> Dave
>>
> There is a setting in about:config, "browser.toolbars.grippyhidden". You
> could try setting that to false.

I changed this setting as suggested but saw no immediate change.  Does
this one require a restart to take effect?  I also notice that the
default is true and thus wonder if this is the problem as the widget I
am speaking of was working before, possibly on an earlier release.

I am speaking of the hinge-like object along the left edge of a shown
toolbar with its hub at the upper left corner.  Clicking on the hub
causes the hinge to rotate counter-clockwise and hide the toolbar as a
line if it is shown and causes it to rotate clockwise and show the
toolbar if it is hidden.

Dave