Rubens wrote:

Hello all,

I am receiving some Unicode-encoded e-mails which look garbled because
Seamonkey always try to display them with Western encoding in the first place, so I always have to manually change the Text Encoding option for every Unicode e-mail I read.

In the "Text Encoding - Message Display" preferences setting I tried both the "Default for current locale" and the "Other (including Western European)" but none gets what I need (to force opening every e-mail in Unicode viewing mode).

Can anybody help ? My Seamonkey version is 2.49.4, language UK English and my OS is Windows 7  Pro 64-bit, language US English.

Thanks in advance,

Rubens
Unicode must be set separately for the browser and for email.

To Set Unicode for email:
--open an email window and go to the menus item "View"->"Text Encoding" and select "Unicode" at the top of the list.

To Set Unicode for the browser:
--open a browser window and go to the menus item "View"->"Text Encoding" and select "Unicode" at the top of the list.