Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> David H. Durgee wrote:
>> Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>>
>> At least one developer, Frank-Rainer Grahl, monitors this newsgroup.
>> Perhaps he can look at this post and let me know if it merits a bug
>> report.  It might be a known problem or one impossible to fix for some
>> reason.  As it is infrequent I can live with it if necessary.
>>
>> Dave
>>

> If it is not easily reproducable a fix in the near future is unlikely.
> Filing a bug in this case would only be good so that others who have the
> same problem can find it and so can help track it down. With the current
> state of affairs I just wouldn't just hold my breath for this to happen.
> Bugs are cheap so your decision. Just don't be discouraged when nothing
> happens with it.
>
> FRG

I just had this bite me again today.  Annoying.

Is there a way to get pop-up notification when the POP mail request
fails in this manner?  Perhaps some config setting or a setting
somewhere in mail configuration I have missed?

Right now the only way I find out is if I right-click on the mail
account and select "get messages for account", as that WILL result in a
pop-up when there is an error.  If I am otherwise occupied I may not
notice for hours that I have a problem, which happened to me today.

Dave