WaltS48 wrote on 28-04-19 01:28:
On 4/27/19 6:19 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
WaltS48 wrote on 27-04-19 02:12:
On 4/26/19 7:20 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
WaltS48 wrote on 27-04-19 00:03:
On 4/26/19 5:51 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 26-04-19 19:30:
Ray_Net wrote:

You are probably true ...but it's a pity that SM modify the text-color (changing to GREY) of the html-signature where the color is BLACK.

I think that i found the solution - using about:config I do a search for 000099 and I found the "msgcompose.text_color" variable with "user set" string at "#000099"

Uh, how is "#000099" gray? Looks blue to me.
<https://www.color-hex.com/color/000099>

YES, You are true. I remember now that I change the text I wrote to blue.
So this is not my problem.
Therefore the problem is still open.
How to avoid the lighter font the signature ? I prefer a solid black. With text in blue and signature in black THIS indicate also to the recipient that it is a signature and not part of the message.

How do you know what the recipient's Display settings are?

Just because it looks pretty to you in the Composition window, doesn't mean the recipient will see it that way.

My signature text is black by default when composing a message like this one. Lighter when I view it.

I just discovered the solution for my request:
I have inserted in my HTML signature after the  first "<br>"  part a style tag as you can see in the beginning of my HTML signature file:

   </head>
.moz-txt-sig, .moz-signature {
   opacity: inherit !important;
}
--></style>
<< rest of the html page >>

And the signature is not Lighter anymore.

I have found this info on this web page:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Signature_display_color

Great! But I don't see a signature in your post so can't tell if I would see it in black or lighter.

What do I do if it is black and annoys me because I want to see it lighter?

You cannot see nothing here because I did not insert a signature.
Effectively, you cannot see lighter. Without my modification ... ONLY Thunderbird,SeaMonkey and other mozilla mail readers see the signature lighter. Other mail readers see the signature in non-lighter. Therefore with my modification ALL mail readers see the signature IDENTICALLY. Are you interested that I send a mail, in your mailbox with my signature lighter and another with non-ligther ? Or did you prefer that i do it in the "mozilla.test" newsgroup ?

mozilla.test would be best.

Just done, normally you must see the difference.