Frog composed on 2019-06-27 14:45 (UTC-0400):

> I am sure that there must be some way to stop adds from showing up on my
> computer.  I have searched the internet for a program that will put an
> end to my add problem with no joy.  Some of what I read was above my
> technical ability to follow.  Any suggestions appreciated.

The vast majority of ads can be avoided using CSS. Some examples are at:
<https://gist.github.com/spyesx/42fe84c0ef757d1c38a4/forks>
>From there
<https://gist.github.com/spyesx/42fe84c0ef757d1c38a4/archive/86d2c2463ff3fc6b8834da2efdec18bbb0533840.zip>
can be extracted into your profile's chrome directory (create it if you don't
already have it) and used as-is as a place to start.

Compelling sites that don't work in SeaMonkey due to this type of blocking, or
UA
incompetence, I open instead in Firefox or Chromium.

Sites you frequent you might wish to customize, e.g. via add-on:
https://userstyles.org/

No method is perfect, but they help a lot.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/