EE wrote:

I tried that. That was the one that produced the huge icon that distorted the size of the whole toolbar. I found another one at MycroftProject, but that one was only in German. I was able to
create a hybrid of both which I installed into Pale Moon, because
that installation is easy to do. If I could either shrink the icon
or install the hybrid manually into SeaMonkey, I would use it, but as
things are, I do not consider either plugin usable. I suppose there
is no bookmarklet that would allow manual installation of search
plugins into SeaMonkey?

If the only issue is the size of the icon, someone here should be able to tell you how to hack the icon to fix it. Sorry, beyond my ability.

Paul B. Gallagher