On 8/26/19 12:42 PM, Jeffry Wisnia wrote:
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
user@domain.invalid wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I just can't believe this...

I set up Seamonkey in my second Windows computer with eggzackly the same
info as my first computer.

I can receive emails on Seamonkey on that computer but when I try to
send one a box with an error message pops up on the screen. It reads:

"An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect
greeting:  +OK Dovecot ready.."

Anyone know what that means? I have no idea what a Dovecot is.

What should I try changing in the POP setup now?

Thanks Again,

Jeff

Google: Dovecot

OK, now I know what Dovecot is. But I can't figure out what I have to change or delete to keep that sending from preventing me to send an email. I think I've looked all over the setups I can find and that "Dovecot" name shows up nowhere.

Thanks,

Jeff

What settings do you have for each server?

The POP (mail.comcest.net) one is for receiving mail and the SMTP (smtp.comcast.net) is for sending mail.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
Fire the Apprentice!