Ray_Net wrote:
Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote on 02-09-19 21:29:
Ray_Net wrote:
If you are true - SM MAIL is BAD !!! SM must follow the system's default-browser parameter.
Inside the SM-Browser I admit that the link must be opened into SM.

That is the way the makers of SM decided to go.
Occasionally I also want to open a link in a different browser, this is what copy+paste is for.

It could be interesting that a right-click in SM-Browser on a link propose the option "Oppen link in system's default Browser".

There are a dozen or more different internal function which do nothing but open an url/link in one way or the other. When I find the time I will probably merge them. Fx already did it. We still want older classic add-ons still to work so his is harder in SM to do.

I did come late to the SeaMonkey game and don't know much about design choices but untangling the components is one of the very low low priority items on any list. It is an integrated suite not a mailer or standalone browser. Would need an internal redesign to allow the components to work independently and rest assured this will not happen soon or ever with the current developer resource shortage.

FRG