On 9/5/19, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Based on info received here, I created a user.js (never had one before)
> so I could pass a different UA to one particular problem site. But I
> can't tell if it's working. Is there a way to confirm that the site's
> getting what I'm feeding it? Help | About just reports the standard UA.

Easiest would be to find an addon that shows the http headers.
I remember using one ages ago but I have no idea if something like
that is available for seamonkey now :(

If you're _really_ desperate to know you can see if this works for sm:
C:\UTIL>type firefox-ssldecode.bat
set SSLKEYLOGFILE=C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Local\Temp\FF-SSLkeys.txt
start C:\"Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe"

@rem wireshark:
@rem   edit / preferences
@rem   protocols / ssl
@rem     paste SSLKEYLOGFILE filename into SSL debug file entry

> I placed the file here:
> C:\Users\(Windows
> Username)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\(profilename).default\
>
> And here's the content, did I get it right?
>
> # Mozilla User Preferences
>
> user_pref("general.useragent.override.viki.com", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows
> NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0");

looks good to me

I have this bit at the start of my user.js
// make it obvious when user.js is borked
// this needs to be at the top of user.js
user_pref("00_user.js.loaded", "user.js load failed");

and this at the very end
//    *** must be last ***
// make it obvious when user.js is borked
// this needs to be at the end of user.js
user_pref("00_user.js.loaded", "yes");

enter "about:config" in the url bar & check the value of
  00_user.js.loaded
to see if there was a problem loading user.js  (i tend to forget the
terminating ;)

Lee