On 9/15/2019 10:53 AM, Ray Davison wrote:
> Tom Pamin wrote:
>> Can someone tell me how SM handles cache now? I just installed SM on a
>> new PC and I can't find the cache folder anywhere. Do I have to add it
>> myself?
>
> Note: Edit/Preferences/Advanced/Cache.  The cache address listed there
> is editable.  You can put that cache anywhere you want.
>
> Under: Edit/Preferences/Privacy & Security/Private Data, you can select
> things to be deleted on closing.
>
> Below is a batch file I have found useful.  There are other cache
> directories, but I would not necessarily want to delete them all.
>
> I have a run object for it on the DT.  I run it after app close whenever
> there has been a change I don't want to loose.  I was very glad I had it
> when I somehow got a "security thing" that thought deleting my profiles
> would be a good thing.
>

> del /s/y I:\WebData\cache2
> del /s/y I:\MozProfiles\RayFF\cache2
> xcopy /s/d/y I:\MozProfiles J:\MozProfiles
>
> Ray

In my system, drive I is a flash drive that is normally not connected.
Of course, "RayFF" would have to be changed to whatever user ID other
users have.

I do not delete my main cache since I set its size to 0 in all profiles.
 Since I have five SeaMonkey profiles, my script is much longer to
delete all the other caches.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Immigration authorities arrested 680 undocumented aliens in meat
processing facilities in Mississippi.  Employing someone who is not
legally in the U.S. is also illegal.  How many of the EMPLOYERS are
being criminally charged?  If none, why not?