NFN Smith wrote:
Gabriel wrote:

I have a spare Mac that I use for testing -- it's an older machine that won't upgrade past High Sierra. I just threw SM 2.53 (Bill's 9/15 release) on there.  I haven't made a systematic test, but I'm finding that with a number of media sites that are scripting-heavy, I'm getting pretty sluggish performance, and lots of "spinning beach ball" wait cursors.  Although I normally am an enthusiastic user of extensions, this particular profile is almost entirely tweaked, other than changing the default search engine.

As a point of comparison, I have Firefox 69.0 on the same machine, that has several extensions (especially NoScript and AdBlock Plus), and that one performs at a level I pretty much expect.

Since this is not a working machine, I can do lots of testing without disrupting any active profiles.

Smith

Make sure you are running NoScript 5.1.9 and the latest classic uBlock 1.16.4.11
Latest AdBlock+ 2.91 and 2.53 also do not mix well.

FRG