Check if this is the cause:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3055083

FRG

NFN Smith wrote:
Henrik37 wrote:
For reasons that have me completely confused, the SM v.2.49.4 e-mail client will no longer download Yahoo (now owned by Verizon) e-mail messages via the POP interface.

Does anyone have any information on this problem and how to fix it?

Thanks, in advance, for any and all guidance, suggestions, etc.

My suspicion is that your issue isn't so much 2.49.4 and Yahoo, but your profile in 2.49.4 causing problems with Yahoo.  See what happens if you launch Seamonkey in Safe Mode, and if still having problems, try configuring Yahoo in a new profile.

In the last couple of weeks, I've set up Yahoo accounts a couple of times, including on 2.49.5 on a Mac, and 2.53 on Windows 10, and not had any problems, although both of those are IMAP settings.

You could also consider trying Yahoo with an IMAP connection, although I can understand if you're reluctant to move to IMAP.  In my own usage, I still use POP in my primary profile, but I use IMAP on secondary profiles and secondary computers.

Smith