Le vendredi 4 octobre 2019 11:18:53 UTC+2, Don Spam's Reckless Son a écrit :
> David E. Ross wrote:

> >> I tried that and it is correct.  Plus it was working OK last night, and
> >> just started acting up today.  Do you think something got corrupted on
> >> my PC?  Or my ISP is having troubles?
> >>

> > If everything at your end appears okay, yes call your ISP.  Either the
> > authentication process on their server is bad, or else they may have
> > made an unannounced change to the setup they require you to have.  I
> > have experienced both of those situations, a bad authentication process
> > on the server more often than an unannounced change.
> >

> I have an account which occasionally complains when I'm trying to *read*
> mail, the next day it will be fine again.  Not a big deal because
> nothing important comes in that way.
> To unannounced changes, look at the instructions for setting up
> Thunderbird on your mail-provider's website.  They may not have mailed
> you about upcoming changes but they will have documented the
> requirements there - unless they are complete idiots (always a
> possibility).  In my case I have 6 accounts with 5 mail providers and
> only one of the four who changed their authentication process told me in
> advance, they had all updated their documentation though.  I believe
> they had offered the new variation for quite a while before they turned
> the old one off.
>
> --
> spammus ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/

One of my mail account was suddenly telling the password was wrong last week.
After waiting some days to see if it will be corrected on provider's side
(nothing change on my side; sometimes it occurs... and is corrected a pair of
hour later)

I connect with web interface to my mail.... and i was warned to change my
password: provider's security have changed (without notice! i blame them for
this; they can change but will have to notice users BEFORE) and the password
have to be longer, with letters, numbers, non alphanumeric characters (but
strangely, a very few is allowed: > is, < is not :D).... my old one (since
years... was "only" six letters.

Works perfectly now.