On 11/11/19 9:29 PM, Larry wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Larry wrote:

When I import my address books (collected and personal) into a new computer with a newly loaded seamonkey they are added to the list of address books, not imported into the existing address books.  I wind up with two of each book, one is empty and the other has my imports. Is there any way to combine the books or just delete the empty ones?

Assuming the new installation has only an empty address book, you should only have to delete one AB after the import, right? There shouldn't be a whole parallel set of empty ABs corresponding to the imported ones.

Exactly how are you going about it?

I have 2 empty address books before the import.  One for personal addresses and one for collected addresses.  SM will not let me delete either one.

What I do is import the Collected addresses, it makes a duplicate, then I copy and paste from the imported address book into the empty Collected addresses book, and delete the imported one, Same for the Personal address book.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop