Daniel wrote:
Jonathan N. Little wrote on 2/02/2020 7:18 AM:
Daniel wrote:
(Reading a response, here, by NFN Smith to Smiles prompts me to ask ....)

About two years ago, I mistakenly, after doing some testing in SeaMonkey
which required me setting up additional profiles, when I then deleted
those test profiles, I also deleted my entire SeaMonkey main Profile
which contained all my e-mails and news group posts dating back over
twenty years.

At that time I was using Windows 7 (and still am), so I tried to reclaim
the profile from the Win7 Recycle Bin, .... but without success.

I've not emptied the Recycle Bin, yet, so, if anyone wants to divulge
how they recovered from making a similar mistake, I'm all ears!!

Well if you deleted the profile by selecting in Explorer the directory in:

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Seamonkey\Profiles AND it hasn't been deleted or over
written, find the profile RANDOM.default in Recycle Bin and restore it.
Then edit the profiles.ini to include restored profile's directory name.
Start SeaMonkey with  -profileManager switch and select profile.

Thank you, Jonathan, I'll give it a go.

Should Jonathan's suggestion not be satisfactory, you may also try unsubscribing from any news.mozilla.org newsgroups. Rename the associated entries in your profile so they don't get reused, then open a new newsgroup account instance and allow all the posts to the groups that interest you since their creation to arrive. You can then search the group posts you are interested in.

--
"The purpose of life is to be happy."
   ~ Dalai Lama XIV

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
   ~ Abraham Lincoln