Am Freitag, 3. April 2020 21:38:07 UTC+2 schrieb mozilla-li...@spamgourmet.com:
> d.e.r.b wrote:
> > I uninstalled v. 2.53.1, replaced the profile from a backup with v. 2.49.5,
> > installed v. 2.49.5, set master pw empty, upgraded to v. 2.53.1, so I did
> > it the described right way. But even this did not resolve the problem of
> > two prompts for the pw.
> > What I observed is that I have to enter the pw only the first time and
> > press on the second prompt just enter without filling in a pw.
>
> Have you tried restarting SeaMonkey with addons disabled (aka "safe
> mode")?  Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled (or on Windows, I think
> there's usually a "SeaMonkey (Safe Mode)" entry on the start menu.
> There's no need to make any of the changes permanent yet.
>
> I don't know if it's possible, but maybe some extension is triggering a
> second password prompt before you've had a chance to respond to the
> first one.  But once you've responded to the first one, the database is
> unlocked so it doesn't actually matter whether you enter the password
> the second time.
>
> --
> Mark.

Thanks for the suggestion. But unfortunately it makes it worse. In add-ins
disabled mode I have to enter the pw definitively two times. When I pres just
ok the second time it prompts again for the pw and does not open seamonkey
before I enter the pw again.
Since it works fine before 2.53.1 it seems to be a bug.

Reinhard