On 4/21/2020 3:00 PM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
<snip for easier reading>

2.53 is not in good shape. It works supergreat for me but at least the mailnews part still needs a big overhaul. Practically all changes we do for 2.53 go into 2.57 and up in parallel so future versions benefit. And every time I look closer at 2.57 I find something mozilla broke.

Thank you for the clear explanation.
Honestly I moved mail to Thunderbird maybe 3-4 years ago. I kept having corrupted inbox issues if the box got too large and lack of Thunderbird's advanced search pushed me over. I preferred the feel of SM but had to do it and mail/news was just to feature laging.

I keep trying Firefox but the lost features (esp how it handles cookie exemptions, lack of side bar, harder to use UI, and other issues) there are greater than any benefit right now so I'll keep my trusty Seamonkey now. Although some of FireFoxes new built in privacy features for FB and other things are really nice, that may be the straw that breaks the camels back for me.

My chrome loving wife has been using my Seamonkey the last few days and says she way prefers the features of SM, but prefers the speed and compatibility of Chrome.

<more snips>

I always ended up added custom filters to ABP. I seldom need to tweak uBlock and memory usage did go down alot.

Good to know. Hopefully I find the same.

FRG