Yamo' wrote on 22/04/2020 2:47 AM:
Hi,

Daniel a tapoté le 20/04/2020 12:12:
Daniel wrote on 17/04/2020 6:53 PM:
Yamo' wrote on 17/04/2020 3:22 AM:
Hi,

Daniel a tapoté le 16/04/2020 16:35:
Is it possible to create a News filter to mark a message/thread as read
if a message/thread is cross-posted to a particular newsgroup??

Yes a filter that contain two conditions :
    Newsgroups contain , and  Newsgroups contain newsgroups.name

Thank you, Yamo, I'll give it a go.

O.K., Yamo, I finally came across a post that was cross-posted into the
newsgroup that I wasn't interested in.

So I tried to set up a "Customised" filter that would filter on the
cross-posted newsgroups. First off, I was unable to call a Filter (i.e.
News message header) "Newsgroups contain" nor would it let me call it
"Newsgroupscontain".

Each time I entered the 'New message header' and click 'Add' that line
got moved into the second part of the 'Customize Headers' screen and
then clicked 'OK', the screen just stayed there.

What I've done :

At the end, I click on the other button.

And then you can select this mysterious Newsgroups...

But It not worked (my last message here).
I turn on the log. Nothing inside....

I asked and had the response but I didn't found any clue.

And after a while it worked without doing anything more...

The message (in French) :
<http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=r7n78i$60e$1...@dont-email.me>

So, obviously, what I am trying to do doesn't work .... so any other
suggestions??

I hope it will work like that worked after a while on my Seamonkey 2.53.1...

Thanks for sticking with me, Yamo.

I've copied your response into a text file so when I come across another UseNet post that is cross-posted into the "wrong" group, I'll try setting up the filter again.

Ta!!

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623