Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Ken wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/28/2020 1:55 PM, JAS wrote:
How does one go about telling which version of SM they have on their
computer? I am using ver. 2.49.5 right now and I have read if going to a
different bit when updating it is avised to uninstall first.

JAS

If are using Windows and you install in the default location, x32
installs in [C:\Program Files (x86)] and x64 installs in ["C:\Program
Files"].  In going from x32 to x64 you will have SeaMonkey twice and
there will be conflicts.

For many years, however, I have been installing SeaMonkey in a
non-default location that is on a drive that is NOT C.  When I updated
from x32 to x64, I still installed in that location.  In my case, not
uninstalling the older version was not necessary.

The questions and answers of this thread prompted me to check my locations for SeaMonkey.  I see I have a folder for SeaMonkey in both C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86).  Apparently I am using the 64 bit location now.  Is there any reason I could not simply delete the 32 bit directory??  Or is there a better way to remove the old files??

Please check Windows "Programs and Features" to see if both versions are installed. If best is to uninstall both and reinstall only the x64 version. Just deleting the x86 will leave fragments behind. If you still have anything in x86 SeaMonkey left after you uninstalled you can delete them. Might be ancient non working bundled add-ons or plugins then.

FRG

Worked fine, thanks.