WaltS48 wrote:
On 6/5/20 8:47 AM, meagain wrote:
Using SeaMonkey 2.53.2
Platform: Windows x86
Language: English (US)

With "Firefox Compatibility" Enabled
     www.youtube.com        = Works

     studio.youtube.com    = Fails with "You are using an unsupported browser or an old browser version that may cause YouTube Studio to be slow or unreliable. Try the latest version of one of these instead."

With "Firefox Compatibility" Disabled
     www.youtube.com        = Works BUT Messages, "We’ll stop supporting this browser soon. For the best experience please update your browser."
Works for me. I do not have Firefox compatibility enabled. Youtube.com works and there is no warning message about the browser I am using.

     studio.youtube.com    = Fails with "You are using an unsupported browser or an old browser version that may cause YouTube Studio to be slow or unreliable. Try the latest version of one of these instead."

studio.youtube.com does not seem to know about SeaMonkey, but works if you click on the button below.

I am using SeaMonkey 2.53.4 beta 1 pre   build by W9Gs.

The issue seems to me is that many web page designers do not know about SeaMonkey and reject the browser since it is an unknown browser. If the sniffer would look for the browser engine (i.e. gecko) instead of the browser's name (i.e. SeaMonkey) we would run into fewer compatibility issues.

WHY?

Will SeaMonkey fans ('SM lovers' didn't sound right) really have to use a different User-Agent for each and every web sight?

- meagain

Probably more than users of the current Firefox version would.

However, I had no trouble logging into my Google account, clicking the "Skip to Studio" button on the unsupported browser page and creating a studio dashboard.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.2 with no extensions.