Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:

Ken Smith wrote:

Daniel wrote:
Ken Smith wrote on 8/07/2020 12:00 AM:
{snip}

I notice that on a new empty profile in 2.53.2 the Events and Tasks menu is available in Mail and the Lightning extension shows as installed. On the migrated profile Events and Tasks is missing and the Lightning extension is missing. I've tried installing Lightning but get an error report when I start it. Is there a fix I can apply to enable Lightning in my migrated profile?

I notice in the about:config on this computer I can see the calendar settings, such as the URL of my CalDAV server. Those settings will have originated in the 2.49 profile that this profile is derived from. Is there a setting I can change to re-enable the calendar function?

{snip}

Ken, no promises, but have you looked at Tools -> Add-ons Manager to see if SM thinks Lightning is installed and enabled?? At odd times over the last few years, after upgrading, I've found Lightning missing from my screen and when checking, found it wasn't enabled.

I think it then required an SM restart to have effect!

HTH!
Thank you Daniel,

Lightning absent on the profile I'm concerned about. But if I create another, new, empty profile then Lightning is there. Suggesting the code and plug-in is present in SM but for some reason in this particular profile its disabled or blocked in some way.

I see two ways forward. Fix this profile or use a new profile and migrate things like bookmarks, saved passwords from a 2.49 profile to a 2.53.2 one. The latter may be the better option but I think the names of the files that need migrated have changed.

Thanks

Ken

Third option is reading the release notes. Missing Lightning is covered there for a few releases now. Lightning is also now a packed xpi. You can just pick it from the SeaMonkey installation directory.

FRG

Thank you Frank. I'm aware the Lightning is a packed xpi in current releases, I've read the Release Notes - several times :-)

Apologies that my messages have not been clear enough. What I'm attempting to say is; that on a new, empty, clean profile Lightning is there. Confirming what you have said.

The thing I'm trying to explain, is that on a profile that has been migrated forward from a 2.49 installation Lightning is absent/broken.

Is there a way to fix that besides deleting it? Details in previous messages....

Thanks --- Ken

believed to be clean.