Chuck wrote:

I use SeaMonkey primarily for mail client, primarily FF as my browser.

Version 2.46
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0 SeaMonkey/2.46
Build identifier: 20161213183751

Should I install 2.53 (I know backup profile, etc)

I would, just to get current security updates. And when going from 2.49 to 2.53, it's a good idea to uninstall 2.49, first, especially if you intend to install a 64 bit version.

Recently, I'm having same problem with Ebay - in browser and email notices and deal alerts.   The browser site only shows hyperlink line items no pictures.   The inline pics on emails only show empty boxes.

I'm not seeing any issues in 2.53.3, even with aggressive use of noScript and uBlock Origin (at least in the home page). I think if I'm actually shopping at eBay, I tend to have to enable at least some of their scripts.

If you're not running these extensions, I'm going to suggest that it would be a good idea to clear your cache and cookies, and let Seamonkey get a clean download of all the content.

These days, so much content is based on scripting that I think that sometimes the scripts get confused, and don't download new stuff when they need to.

Smith